Maxum incubator launches pre-incubation offer for young entreprenuers
All successful applicants will receive:
- Free plug and play shared office space for a 3 months (a R500 deposit, telephone costs and consumables will be for your own account)
- Attending Izazi entrepreneur forums (opportunity to network with like-minded entrepreneurs)
- Exposure to experienced business mentors and Maxum management team who will guide you in the process of deciding what is necessary to convert your proposed business concept/prototype into a real, viable business opportunity
- An opportunity at the end of your pre-incubation period to decide whether your business idea has the potential for making money and become part of the Maxum Business Incubator programme
- If your business opportunity is good enough, you will be introduced to venture capitalists who may be interested in investing in your business
Five simple application steps:
- Prepare a 5 slide PowerPoint concept, or a five point document, that outlines your proposition and illustrates commitment to the business enterprise (see accompanying example) and forward this, together with “Assessment of potential ICT Entrepreneurs” form, to email@example.com. The business idea must demonstrate technological innovation in at least one of The Innovation Hub’s focus areas: ICT, biosciences, electronics, advanced manufacturing and materials, or energy and the sustainable environment.
- As an IT start-up or “Techie with an idea” you will present to a group of MBA students who, if they see an opportunity of building a business around your idea, will engage in a discussion with you over a glass of wine/beer/cool drink after your presentation.
- If you agree that this is a business opportunity, you will put together a business proposal and submit this to Maxum for entry into the pre-incubation programme.
- If the plan looks viable, you will present to the Selection Advisory Panel who will discuss the feasibility of your concept.
- Should your application be successful you will be invited to pre-incubate your business idea and locate your business in Maxum’s pre-incubation premises at The Innovation Hub in Pretoria. And….if your business proposal is good enough, you will be linked up with Venture Capitalist who may consider investing in your business.
Important dates to remember:
1 September 2008: Deadline for receipt of applications to be submitted to Maxum
8 October 2008: Successful applicants invited to prepare presentation forBusiness Beat Function
21 October 2008: Business Beat function at The Innovation Hub, Pretoria
17 November 2008: Deadline for receipt of proposals for Maxum’s pre-incubation programme
26 November 2008: Presentation of selected proposals to Maxum’s Selection Panel
For more information contact Patricia Dlamini, Manager: Maxum: (012) 844 0084, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.maxum.co.za
Via: Of Relevance