Barcamp 08, Kenya, Nairobi
Barcamp is a user generated conference for anyone interested in technology,blogging,coding & web startups, with the content that is often provided by the attendees. It has no set agenda and facilitates knowledge sharing with discussions, presentations and demos. On the 21st of June, Usahdi will be sponsoring Barcamp Nairobi that will be held at Jacaranda Hotel. Some of the topics covered may be:
- Local mapping (Open Streetmap, Green Map, etc.)
- Blogging tools and trends
- Mobile phone apps (Android in Africa, FrontlineSMS and RapidSMS)
- Using Google’s App Engine for building web and mobile services
- I’d love to hear from some of the EPROM guys that worked with Nathan Eagle
- OS curriculum for universities
- Studying users (mobile and web)
- Building into social networks
Though, please note there is no set agenda and anyone is welcome to contribute, the event will feature several talks and workshops and you can choose which to attend based on your interests.
Barcamp Nairobi 2008
Venue: Jacaranda Hotel
Date: 21st June 2008
Time: 10am – 17:00 PM
Update: The Venue & Time has been changed to Jacaranda Hotel the time is now 10am to 17:00 pm.